Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl...

Like everybody else today we are headed to a super bowl party and plan to watch the big game. I have to say though that I don't really care about the game. I look forward to spending quality time with friends and having fellowship but the game is overrated. Some people love this particular game because they love football so much and I get that because I married a basketball nut; however, I am appalled at what we pay ALL professional athletes and I just can't get over the fact that it cost $3 million dollars for a 30 sec ad...and I have a degree in Public Relations/Advertising! We are in hard financial times and as a nation we are in hard economic difficulties- yet we are watching, supporting and paying for a $3 million dollar ads for 30 secs- and people don't have jobs, don't have a home and may not eat today. This is crazy! When are we going to stop encouraging this? Oh well- just my feelings and opinion.

No comments: