Sunday, February 22, 2009

More on The Shack

Ok, so there is a buzz going on about The Shack. I wanted to extend my post and my thoughts about this book. What I have learned is people either love it or they hate it! I was one of those people who loved it! Not because I thought it was it right on biblical or because I was ok with how the author portrayed God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. There were things, doctrinal things that I did not believe were bible based; after all it was Christian Fiction and the only thing you can read and believe 100% truth in is the Bible. However, I loved how the Trinity was described, how Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit were so in tune and that they greeted each other with a Holy kiss, every time they came together they showed each other LOVE. Love is the foundation of Christianity. I loved that my thoughts, beliefs were challenged, that my faith was increased because I had to go back to the Word of God and see if the thought from the author would hold up, I loved how he talked about forgiveness and what it takes to forgive, I loved how the main character had communion with Jesus, I loved that God is with us at all times and that He never forsakes us. I thought the book was powerful and could transform people to a deeper faith not because you believed the author's writing but because the Holy Spirit would draw closer to a deeper relationship. I am still looking forward to my girl's night book club discussion next week. I'm sure I will have more thoughts later...

2 comments:

twinmommy said...

I'm going to have to read this. I'm about to finish my current book and will be looking for something soon.

adoptingmama said...

I read this book in one sitting in about 2 hours...it was awesome! I'm glad you liked it...it's amazing when an author can speak to your heart, isn't it?