Friday, February 13, 2009

Operation Motherhood Bible Study

I am participating in a bible study at Church called Operation Motherhood. It is really neat, other Mom's who want to be equipped in teaching and building our children's faith. This semester we are talking about the Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22-23. I don't know if I have shared but that is one of my favorite verses and I have taught my children the song and memorized the verse each at the age of 2. I love this passage of scripture and I believe it drives our heart, desires and actions when it comes to life. I guess I use it as a litmus test. I use the Fruit of the Spirit when disciplining and praising my kiddos; so they can see how the we acting acting unloving or how they showed joy or whatever fruit that may or may not have at the time.
Yesterday we talked about JOY and how JOY is not happiness. Happiness is based on our circumstances, true JOY can only come from the Lord and having a relationship with the Lord. It really hit me in this class that the amount of JOY in our life is directly related to our relationship with Jesus. We are called to have JOY in all circumstances- not just the good days! Now, I don't think that means we shouldn't deal with feelings of sorrow and sadness. I think it means that in all circumstances we found JOY while living here on earth.
James 1:2-8 and John 15:9-14 are some of my favorite verses on Joy.
Enjoy feeling JOY in your life!

No comments: