Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yesterday a good day!






You know the days that are just good days; well, that was yesterday a GOOD DAY!

We had a wonderful day at the zoo! We rode a camel! We saw every exhibit and enjoyed the nice weather. We had a picnic and later enjoyed ice cream...just in time before the cold front came through today.

The girls both sacked out in the car on the way home and then we headed to dear friends house for dinner. Life has been busy for the last couple of weeks and we had not been able to connect. It was nice to just relax, listen and share. The kids enjoyed playing, too.

To end the night, hubby and I were talking and it is so cool to hear him say things that he enjoyed about our quality time together. How he gets to see the kids and our family in a different light. He was saying it is hard to capture the family from 6-8 pm and two days on the weekend. That when he gets home he sees tired babies and me at the end of a long day. But the thing he has loved the most about family time is how awesome the children get a long when together, how they are learning to work things outs together and how much the love and serve each other.

Our talk was special because with out him realizing it he was also complimenting me. These are things I work on a daily basis with the girls and the fruit of my labor is working. That is so important as a stay-at-home mom to hear.

In other words I till the soil of our family and work hard to pull the weeds and remove the things that shouldn't be in our family garden. Together with God I plant love, joy, peace, patient, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Then hubby comes home and he waters the garden, feeds the garden and gives it that extra love so that it will bloom! So on the days I don't think my efforts are working or his efforts are making a difference...I have days like yesterday when God has been there watching over us the whole time and He has been the sunshine day in and day out that has made the difference. Thank you Hubby for enjoying our family and seeing the hard work I put in. That meant a lot to me.

It was a just a good day! Little Blessings from God that go a long way!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Way to go Landon! Yes, those are important things to hear. :)

That is so funny to me that there's a camel at the zoo! Looks like a fun day.

Jennifer said...

how fun!