Thursday, October 30, 2008

7 Random Things About Me

I have been tagged by my friend Jennifer, we transferred at the same time to ACU and we also pledged Kojies together! Seems like ages ago! I am to write 7 random things about myself:

1) I am a very scheduled person, especially since I have had the second child. I like routine- yes there are days or times I like to throw out the schedule and let my hair down; but for the most part I like to stick to my routine. I have a print out of our schedule for each day of the week. This helps me keep track of everyone and everything. I get out of sorts when I get thrown off or have a change or things don't work out like they are supposed to happen in my head. I have a cleaning day, play day, run errand day, family day, etc. I know sounds a little crazy!

2) I love to sleep in; however, I wake-up at 6:00am to beat the kids up and have my bible study and coffee. (My mom used to get up so early and she said that was her time, the house was quiet, she wasn't playing referee and she could do whatever she wanted. I totally understand! I so get it!) I love my quiet mornings. If my kids wake-up early or something wakes them up I get grumpy. Very grumpy! It was hard enough for me to roll out of bed early because I could sleep until 10:00am - therefore, they are not allowed to wake-up before 7:00 or 7:15am!

3) If you asked me to pick a vacation, I would chose the Caribbean or a beach somewhere every time. I love the sun! Love to sit in the sun; love to play in the sun; but most of all I love to be tan. I often dream of living on the beach someday. Although, I love the beach, the sun and hot weather; I hate being too hot that I can't cool off and I would love to live somewhere with 4 seasons.- I think I may have found it!

4) Where's the beef? Remember the Wendy's commercials in the late 80's? I'll choose beef over chicken, pork, or fish anytime! Steak love steak! Hamburgers are dangerous...hmmm just saying that makes me think of Fuddruckers! Perisan Kabobs! Tacos! Brisket! Beef that's for dinner!

5) My Dad is from Iran and I grew up with a little Persian culture influence. I love Persian food, can't cook it, but love it. I made my first kabobs this summer and they came out pretty good. I love to eat basmati rice with plain yogurt.

6) Christmas movies. I could watch them year round! I love to watch the Hallmark channel and ABC Family during the holidays and watch all the cute made for TV movies. There is a movie on every night! One of my favorite things I do all year. Some of my favorites are A Carol Christmas, A Rocky Mountain Christmas with Dolly Parton, the Christmas Shoes, Christmas in Connecticut remake, and many, many more. I also love the old ones Miracle on the 34th Street, White Christmas. However, The Santa Clause and the sequel with Tim Allen are probably pretty close to the top of the list! My hubby already said I could start watching them Nov 1. He has rules!!!!

7) I love watching College Basketball on TV! It is almost an illness. I don't get to watch it like I used to, but I do it enjoy it- especially NCAA Tournament! There are games on everyday of the week- except Friday. I can tell you that on ESPN Monday nights is Big Monday, Tuesday is Super Tuesday, Wednesday Big Wednesday, Thrown Down Thursday, no college games on Friday nights, Saturday begins at 9:00am and is on 3 channels ends at 9:00pm, Sunday is ACC Sunday on Fox. What can I say I am a devoted coaches wife.

I tag Angelina, Brittany, Sarah and Jamie W.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yea! What a fun list. Thanks for doing it!

I hear ya on the baby weight thing. I've had a MUCh harder time losing after the second one and C is 2.5 now. (sigh)