Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Guilt...do you have it?

Do you ever feel guilty for wanting to do things for yourself? As a mom and a wife I have to fight that emotion. I need to workout for so many reasons and trying to fit that in the schedule is hard. I always find myself being the one who has to sacrifice behind everyone else's needs. The kids, basketball season, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I am servant at heart and I believe in putting others needs before my own; however, at the end of the day I need to find self-care, too. I want to be a happy mommy, wife, child of God, friend, etc.

So as I plan our schedule and try to get a workout in there...the schedule is full and it seems the girl will never have down time at home. Between preschool, church, life group, and just the regular daily routine of life- not to mention next Monday begins basketball season.

So the guilt is consumed and I raise the white flag and begin to think maybe next year...

2 comments:

twinmommy said...

Don't give up! You're my inspiration that the baby weight can be lost!

Jennifer said...

I'm just beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I too feel this way and as the kids get older, become a little more independent, and spend some time at school- this will free you up for some alone time. I get about 3 hours a week where I don't have either of the boys and it's wonderful! Hang in there! You are not alone. It's such a mental struggle between what you need and what you want to be for your family. You are an amazing mom and wife!