Thursday, October 30, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes...

OK, so you need a little background. That baby weight- it'll kill ya! After S (the 2ND child) was born that baby weight would not come off, I gave it about 10 months before I took matters into my own hands...WEIGHT WATCHERS!

I lost about 20-25-30 pounds by the time S was 1 & 1/2. Sounds like a lot but I really wasn't even half way to my goal! Then my brother got engaged and it was on! I had to lose the rest of this weight by May 17, 2008; I was going to be a bridesmaid in their wedding and to top it off I was wearing Vera Wang. I had to look good!!! I wanted to be one hot mama in my dress; also, I was READY!

So, I busted my buns (literally) from Nov-May at the gym and lost about 30 more lbs. YEAH! I was so thrilled I was looking good and my dress looked great! (My sister-in-law Jenn chose a beautiful dress- very slimming- that helped!)

OK, so now we move, go on vacation, STRESS happens, plus yummy food and I have no gym....so up goes the weight only about 7-9 lbs (but it feels like 30); but a couple of months ago my E (the 4 year old) reaches out touches my tummy and says, "Mom, your tummy is sticking out!" Ouch, that hurt. She was right, my once slimmer tummy a few months earlier had gone a little soft and Rudy's BBQ, Chick-fil-a, Chili's and many other foods that I had recently been reacquainted with were now appearing. It's not like clothes don't fit, but that is when I knew I had to do something!!!!!!

I started working out again this last week and my daughter redeemed herself! :) Tonight she looked at my tummy and said, "Mommy your tummy is not sticking out anymore." Ah, music to my ears. I gobbled her up and said "thank you for appreciating my hard work that is from all the exercising I do!"

From the mouth of babes; they just tell it the way it is!

(PS- I never told her she hurt my feelings or ever use the word fat in front of her.)

No comments: