Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ten days into the new year...

Wow, I can't believe it is the 10th already and I have so much I want to do and I am already behind! I love new beginnings and new starts; and for me twice a year I feel like I can completely start over: the beginning of a school year and the new year! Working in education and having a hubby who has been a teacher for 12 years has really made an impact on my life! The school year is often my NEW YEAR (if that makes any sense) and I always set some goals when school starts. Now true New Year's is when I set those long term goals and this year the list seems endless! We had an incredible sermon last week on goals and the biggest question they asked was. "ARE YOUR GOALS GOD-CENTERED?" I really enjoyed pondering that question and considering if my goals were GOD-centered or ME-centered! More than anything I desire the deepest, intimate and close relationship with Jesus and I BELIEVE everything else in life will be taken care if I am GOD-centered rather than ME- centered. So while I want to lose weight and change this ...I know that if I spend my efforts concentrating on how to grow my relationship with Christ it will happen. I know that God will turn all the areas of my life around- especially the ones I didn't even know I need to change.

So my question to you... ARE YOUR GOALS GOD-CENTERED?

No comments: