Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back from San Antonio, TX



















We went to visit my Dad/Pops for a few days. We drove down and the girls did awesome.It was such a blessing to be able to get in the car and drive! We have been only to travel by plan for the last 8 years and this was a new experience. We had a short visit but it was filled with lots of family time and catching up. My Dad took the most time that he has ever taken when we came for a visit and that was great!

The girls really enjoyed being in the Persian culture; eating Persian bread and feta cheese for breakfast with Persian hot tea; listening to the language and trying to imitate it and eating lots of kabob and rice.

We traveled to the San Marcos outlet mall (even got my Dad to come) and wanted to stay there for three days! That is the best mall and has over 300 stores. It really takes a good 3 days of shopping and we had 1! They had a Janie and Jack and Pottery Barn Kids outlet! I was loving it! We found this new store called Heartstrings. That was a precious store and will be going back there! I am still hoping for that first COACH purse and thought maybe the deals would be so good I couldn't pass it up. However, nothing grabbed me so I will still keep dreaming.

One of my favorite things of the trip was we went to Picture People to get pictures with Pops and a generational picture for my keepsake. I took one with my mom after E was born. She was three weeks old. Very special! Of course the pictures turned out terrific and we couldn't help but buy them all.

It was such a treat to spend time with Maggie, Amir and Shervin, too. We all enjoyed spending time together and visiting! The girls kept us entertained and I think each person who came over was given a hair and makeover. Too cute...what good sports.
We were not able to visit with everyone we wanted this trip because we there for a short time and the New Year holiday but we thought of everyone who was close!

1 comment:

Laura Drury said...

i love your blog! So glad you emailed with it. I'll send you the access to mine. Your family is precious. I enjoyed catching up through it.