Friday, January 23, 2009

My week...exhausting!

I spent the week potty training my little Miss S and she is doing great! I really didn't think she was ready but thought we'd give it a good shot and she did great! She was so ready and it was my fear holding us back! It is so different potty training the second child! You are on the go and and have commitments like preschool and can't stay home all day to focus on teaching them how to go potty! So we just put on the panties and headed out in our normal routine and embraced the accidents with a smile- even in public places. The other challenge in potty training her is that she is a different child and works differently than my oldest; therefore, I really had to pray and ask the Lord to reveal to me how I was going to connect with her. She is doing great and I am very proud of her!

I did spent the week getting up early but I have to confess I did not get up at 5:00 everyday this week. On Monday and Thursday I got up at 6:00 because Hubby was home and I didn't have to. I will admit it threw may day off and I should have kept my normal routine of 5:00. That just sounds crazy- even when I say it out loud! Wed I didn't go to the gym because I was sick and the girls had a rough night; I did get up around 6:30 to get my bible study in. I am still committed to this new routine and tried to be flexible and beat myself up because of the week's events. Not a normal week when it came to routine, that was for sure! The second week so far the hardest- TIRED! Last night I went to bed at 8:30 and I think was asleep by 9:00! I did get up at 5:00 today. Next week will be a great week!

Life is exhausting emotionally right now. So many trials and struggles going on and we are faithfully depending on the Lord. He is an AWESOME GOD and I know He is working in our lives. Our Life Group is beginning a bible study on Job. I have to admit, I think there is no coincidence the Lord had chosen this book for us to study. Here is a man who was very committed and faithful to the Lord and he had all kinds of circumstances (in other words the enemy, the devil, satan) attacking him in every way imaginable. I feel very much like Job. Over the last 5-6 years I/we have one obstacle after another, one trial after another, one attack of the enemy in every area of my life and it scares me a bit to think it's not over. Please cover me, my husband and our girls in your prayers. Ask the Lord to protect us from the evil one and to give us guidance, discernment and wisdom in every area of our life. I have faith we will come out of this time period in our life better people, a better wife/mother and husband/father, that we will be showered with love from the Lord and that HE WILL NEVER FORSAKE US! I have faith that God can move mountains! I will consider my trails pure joy and persevere so I can receive the crown of life, become mature and be made complete (James 1).

Today I finished the book Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie O'Martin and it was amazing! I loved Power of a Praying Wife, too. The way I read each of these was one chapter a day and prayed and meditated on that topic all day. So basically it takes 30 days or longer to finish the book. It is awesome because it focus on one thing, it teaches good, simple but deep prayers for our children and helps us to release our children back to God. I totally recommend both of these books; I also know there is the Power of a Praying Husband (wouldn't you love to be prayed over everyday by your husband- what an awesome thing), Power of a Praying Women and more. Enjoy praying for your husband and your children; the results are amazing!

No comments: