Monday, December 1, 2008

THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF YEAR!
























We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! Thanksgiving day we spent in Santa Fe with family and relaxed. We spent the entire drive up calling all our family away and letting them know how much we miss them and that they were in our hearts! The food was a amazing! It even SNOWED! I was a little stressed for the football game..Seattle vs Cowboys. Ok- my hubby a supporter of the Seahawks and the entire rest of the party (20 people) not to forget the HOSTS are all COWBOY FANS! I made my famous green bean casserole- don't exactly know what is so special it is a can of green beans, can of mushroom soup and fried onions- that's it!

The story goes like this...My sweet little husband thinks mine is the best and that happened when were dating! I cooked him him dinner one and this was one of the dishes I made. That was 12 years ago! CRAZY! Anyway he went home for Christmas and requested this special dish that he supposedly never had- OOPS! Evidently they had served it in his family before. I think he is just a picky eater and it never looked appealing, then I made and what was he going to do...he was trying to impress me; right? No way he wasn't going to try it! Anyway my sister-in-law, Beth, says I am the only one who can make it and now that tradition has carried on with Sarah. Too funny! I also made homemade pumpkin pie with homemade crust! Now I cannot take credit for this one. My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and it is delicious. I am not as talented as she is though when it comes to rolling out the crust. She has a gift!

BLACK FRIDAY I convinced Sarah to get up and go shopping at 4:30am! We arrived at Toys-R-Us at 4:51 and proceeded to walk behind the building to get our place in line and waited for the doors to open at 5:00am! We shopped until 12:00! It was so fun and the deals were awesome! I'll do it again!

That afternoon we went to get our tree! We spent the rest of the day soaking up Christmas time! The house was decorated inside and out and the tree looks beautiful! The girls were at the perfect age to decorate the tree and they enjoyed putting all the ornaments on. They are too precious. E's quote "our tree is so beautiful!" S's quote, " I wuv Christmas!" We listened to Christmas music and read Christmas books! What a wonderful evening!

Saturday night we headed downtown to the Parade of Lights!

Sunday was church, a time to worship God and then we relaxed the rest of the evening!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....oh the most wonderful time of year! So many fun things planned! Hope your holidays are filled with memories!

No comments: