Monday, December 15, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend!



I had the best weekend! Friday night hubby and I had a double date! Wow an evening with friends and no kids- that hasn't happened in a long time. It was way too much fun. First we went to Sadie's for dinner. The best Northern New Mexican food we have had! It was incredible: so that when I woke-up on Saturday it was on my rear end!

Saturday morning E had her first ballet performance/competition. She did such a fantastic job. I was so proud of her I cried through the whole thing. A weeping mother. All parents were concerned about stage freight and not one girl had it. She walked out on stage waved to the whole audience (about 500 people) and turned to me and blew me a kiss. It was just precious. At the end she received a medal and a trophy- HER FIRST! I cried again! She was so proud of herself. Hubby was at a basketball game and was unable to join us but he watched it on the video later. His team only lost by 8 and was a head at half- big success for them! That was very exciting.
Saturday night I went over to a baked holiday goodies with girlfriends. We had a blast!

Sunday we spent the day finishing up the holiday goodies and my girls helped. We made chocolate covered peanut butter balls. Oh my delicious, cheap and easy! It makes 100 of them. The girls learned how to roll them into balls. E got really good at it and S enjoyed smooshing it in her hand. Too fun! We made fudge and used small cookie cutters and cut out the fudge. TOO CUTE! I put sprinkles on some of them too- that was fun!

I was am very proud of myself with my holiday cooking over the years I really started to enjoy cooking. This year I decided to make things I have never made. Best part is they turned out great!

Overall, it was a wonderful weekend. Time with the hubby, time with the friends and memories with the children. Thank you LORD for all my blessings! I hope you are enjoying the season with friends and loved ones; it is my prayer that you are cherishing these times!

1 comment:

twinmommy said...

We're getting ready to make gingerbread men here... the boys really enjoyed it last year and I'm hoping to make it a yearly tradition. Gotta find that recipe now!

Sounds like you had a fantastic time this weekend.