Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tough Questions????

My sweet little E has been asking me tough questions lately. She has the most amazing heart for God and just loves learning about him at home, at church and at preschool. (How nice it would be to send her Christian Private School next year for Kindergarten- dreams!)
"Mom, how did God create the trees?" We sing the creation song and talk about what God did and she says, "NO, Mom how did he make the trees? Did he wave a magic wand?" Oh my too much Dora! (Her bible memory verse at church this month is Genesis 1:31 God saw everything he made and said it was very good. I am sure this is stirring up her question.)
She is especially asking about questions about her Nana (my mom) and how come we can't see her or talk to her or why can't we go to heaven. It has been incredible conversation and such an amazing opportunity to talk with her about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Salvation, that there really is a heaven, how we were created and how we are created in God's own image. Just incredible moments; although I am strong in the moment I usually fall a part when she is not watching. I am thankful for these conversations, but oh my how I rely on the Holy Spirit to lead my words. All I keep thinking/praying is, "Lord, I don't want to screw this up."

1 comment:

adoptingmama said...

Oh, what a tender heart you have, my dear friend, you can not mess this up. Live your life in Jesus and our children will see the way. We don't have to be perfect (thank the LORD) but we have to be real. I think it is totally ok to cry with and in front of your children. This is how they know that we are human and that we struggle and that in the end we can show them that even though we are imperfect we serve a perfect saviour. God is leading each of your children on their own path towards HIM. We aren't the least bit in control of most of it. Keep up the good work! Trust in the LORD! He's right there raising those babies along side of you :)