Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More on Tough Questions...

Yesterday I was getting ready for the day and I was singing the song off the Christian music station- you have to forgive I just know the words- I don't know the artist or name of the song. If you like Contemporary Christian Music than you'll probably know what song I am referring to...All because of Jesus I'm alive....that's the chorus.

I am blow drying by hair and singing my little heart out when E looks at me and says,
"Mom, are we all going to die?"

Hmmmmm....in my head going how do I answer that.....truth tell the truth...and then I said, "Yes, E we are going to die. Eventually we will die because that is the way God designed our life." Ok, got that one out of the way! She looked very sad, it was heartbreaking. We talked some more. I told her God had a plan for lives and that Daddy and I pray she will live a long healthy life. She looked at me and said, "Like you!" I laughed and replied with: I have lived a long life in comparison to your life but hopefully I will live a lot longer!

Then the best part...melt your heart!

I said do you know where you go when you die? She replied, "No." I answered "HEAVEN!" In the moment it clicked and she turned with a huge smile, bright eyes and looked right at me and said, "WILL WE GET TO SEE OUR NANA?" Tears ran down my face, "YES, baby girl you will get to see YOUR NANA!" A moment I will never forget. Thank you Lord for that precious, precious moment with her!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So sweet!

twinmommy said...

You bring tears to my eyes. Hope all is well with you and your family.