Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's all about self....

Life goes along and sometimes we are caught up in the feelings, emotions of life and I lose focus. This weekend I was reminded that the key to life is self-accountability! (Now don't read into this that I don't think Jesus is the key...that is not what I am saying.) If we are self-accountable then we will be living the Word of God fully. Confessing our sins, asking for forgiveness and changing our behavior, dying to self, serving others and on and on. When we have negative thoughts it is our responsibility to take captive of that thought! Self-accountability requires self-discipline! I am so lacking in self-discipline these days. My wake-up time is not regular, I am eating whatever I want, not keeping consistent with my exercise routine, putting to death negative thoughts, etc. Oh how I need to tighten up on so many areas in my life. Oh Lord help me be self disciplined with my life so that I can serve others and feel complete by You, Lord!

No comments: