Thursday, August 14, 2008

Moving on faith!

We moved our family from Seattle, WA area to the Albuquerque, NM area and love it! I was a little concerned leaving our family, friends and church home and yes we are still adjusting to our new life here in NM. However, you can't pass on the call from God. It seems everyday the Lord reveals a piece of His plan as to why Albuquerque? L has been wanting/praying to move back to Texas and his job search for the last seven years was focused there. I have been quiet all these years because I am the one who suggested we move to Seattle. I wanted this next move to be L's decision. In late Feb/early March the girls and I visited some of our best friends Sarah and Philip. I mentioned to L that this was a nice place and they had chosen well. It was amazing to see God at work the next days, weeks and months. L found a job on-line,applied, had a interview and an offer in a three week turn around. All of the sudden we were moving. As the next months went by we asked the Lord, "What is in Albuquerque beside the obvious our friends?" and He said, "You'll See...more than you can imagine!" As the Lord prepared us for this move I was studying the book of Luke he kept revealing the theme of leave everything and follow me (Luke 5:11, 5:27, 9:23, 9:57, 18:22 are just a few.) Verse 9:23 "If Anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. We did it, moved on faith. Scary because we left our life our, house didn't sell so we rented it, L's contract wasn't finalized, S was ill and many more things. BY FAITH, FOR FAITH!

1 comment:

Britney said...

What a HARD thing to do - "by faith." You will be rewarded and rewarded for your trust and faith in God, whether immediately or "in good time." We will continue to pray for all 4 of you and your transition to living in NW