Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall is in the air...

What a glorious day our Lord has made. Fall is definitely in the air. It was such a beautiful morning I decided to walk E to school. It is about a 25 min walk from our house to the school especially pushing three kids in the double stroller. You can figure out how I manage three kids in a two seater. Anyway...S's bible verse this week for Awana's is Genesis 1:1 God created the heavens and the earth. Part of her homework this week was to observe all the things God has created. It was really fun talking about God's creation all week. My heart was overwhelmed with God's glory and this day He has made so that we may rejoice and be glad in it!

It is now the middle of September and we are in full swing of Kindergarten days and preschool. E is loving her teacher Mrs. D. E found in the "meeting center" (that is what Mrs. D calls her carpet area) that Mrs. D is going to have a baby girl in Feb. It was so cute to see her share the news. We talked about making her blanket and planning her a baby shower. This week E started centers but Mrs. D calls it "book club" E loves Book Club! She did say yesterday that she doesn't like PE...talk about a knife into her dad's heart. I ask deeper question about why and the answer...she gets sweaty! Oh she is a girly girl!

S is loving preschool it has been an amazing blessing. She is growing in all areas of her sweet life. One of things she is learning about is cactus right now. That is appropriate since we live in the desert and they are everywhere...we saw some on our walk this morning and talked about how God created them too.

I love being a mom. What an amazing gift from God. I take this job very seriously. I try to enjoy all moments even the ones when I think my kids are in tough development moments. I am reading Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp...oh my goodness what a book! This is the most spiritually challenging book on parenting I have ever read. I recommend it! It talks about how we discipline the behavior of children but not get to the root of the heart issue- why they misbehaved. The child may temporarily change their behavior but not their heart. It is true in my children. There is a huge difference in their hearts. As a parent at times I feel overwhelmed with this task of parenting. It is not just about teaching them the moral basics of life; it is so much more...we are responsible for teaching them the Word of God and about Salvation. Their earthly lives are one thing but their eternal lives are so much more important. I am so glad I have a loving God who walks with me and talks with me and gives me wisdom and guidance to live and make decisions. I definitely need HIM when it comes to shepherding His children's heart!

1 comment:

psn4athome said...

It was nice and cool this morning! Hope you are having a great week! Glad the girls are liking school!